SJJPA Business Plan
Each year, SJJPA must develop and approve an updated Business Plan annually as required by SJJPA’s Interagency Transfer Agreement (ITA) with the State. The annual Business Plan is required to be submitted to the Secretary of CalSTA in draft form by April 1 of each year, and in final form by June 15 of each year to allow Amtrak time to finalize operating cost estimates.
As specified in AB 1779, the Business Plan shall include a report on the historical performance of the San Joaquins Service, an operating plan including proposed service enhancements to increase ridership, short-term and long-term capital improvement programs, funding requirements for the upcoming fiscal year, and an action plan with specific performance goals and objections. The Business Plan shall document service improvements (rail and thruway/connecting bus) to provide the planned level of service, inclusion of operating plans to serve peak period work trips, and consideration of other service expansions and enhancements.
DRAFT 2019 SJJPA BUSINESS PLAN UPDATE
The San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority Draft 2019 Business Plan is available for download at the links below.
2018 SJJPA BUSINESS PLAN UPDATE
A draft of 2018 SJJPA Business Plan Update was presented at the March 23, SJJPA Board Meeting and was approved, and then was submitted to CalSTA. The final version of the 2018 SJJPA Business Plan Update was presented at the May 25, 2018 SJJPA Board Meeting and was adopted and then was submitted to CalSTA.
The 2017 Business Plan Chapters (including the Executive Summary) are shown below.
- Introduction (Open External Link)
- Historical Performance of the Service and Route Characteristics (Open External Link)
- Exisiting Trainsets, New Equipment, and Maintenance (Open External Link)
- Operating Plan and Strategies (Open External Link)
- Short-Term and Longer-Term Capital Improvement Programs (Open External Link)
- Performance Standards and Action Plan (Open External Link)
- Establishment of Fares (Open External Link)
- Service Amenties and Food Service (Open External Link)
- Marketing and Outreach (Open External Link)
- Annual Funding Requirement (Open External Link)
- Separation of Funding (Open External Link)
- Safety and Security (Open External Link)
- Station Area Development (Open External Link)
If you have any questions please call Dan Leavitt at (209) 944-6266.